Each academic year, all chartered Graduate Student Organizations are required to complete a total of sixteen (16) unpaid volunteer hours in order to remain in good standing with GPSG. Four (4) of the sixteen (16) volunteer hours must be completed during events run by the GPSG. There are no individual member requirements, only that the GSO collectively submit a total of sixteen (16) volunteer hours before the deadline.
The GPSG Secretary manages the tracking of volunteer hours for GSOs. Please contact the GPSG Secretary if you have any questions about volunteering.
SUBMITTING YOUR VOLUNTEER HOURS
Volunteer hours must be submitted by each individual organization. On the form, please indicate your GSO, and the GPSG Secretary will attribute the hours to your designated organization.
In accordance with the GPSG By-Laws, the volunteer hours form must be submitted within two weeks of the date that the service was completed. The GPSG Executive Board will approve your submission, or contact you with any questions.
There are several ways that your organization can get involved:
VOLUNTEER AT GPSG SPONSORED AND COSPONSORED EVENTS
- Help organize, manage, and execute events with the GPSG
- Assit with signature events such as the GPSG Etiquette Dinner, and the Graduate Research Symposium
SERVE ON GPSG COMMITTEE
- Serve on any of the GPSG Committees such as Finance, Research Fair, Speakers and Events, and the GPSG Fellowship.
SERVE AS A GPSG CABINET MEMBER
- The GPSG Cabinet has a wide range of positions to help build leadership skills that are applicable across industries
SERVE ON A CAMPUS ADVISORY BOARD OR COMMITTEE
- Connect with the UNC Charlotte community and advocate for graduate students on one of the advisory boards or committees on campus
SERVE THE UNC CHARLOTTE, OR GREATER CHARLOTTE COMMUNITIES
- The City of Charlotte has hundreds of ways to get involved and make a difference
- Serve at UNC Charlotte events such as the annual Earth Month activities
- See below for volunteer resources in the community
OFF CAMPUS VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
GPSG encourages graduate students to become active volunteers in the UNC Charlotte and Greater Charlotte communities. There are many ways to help, so please visit some of the resources below for engaging ways to connect with the surounding community. Volunteering in the community can count for up to twelve of the required sixteen hours.
Provides placement and support services to individuals and organizations involved in community service
Searchable database of hundreds of volunteer opportunities in Charlotte